Easy pulled pork in the slow cooker
– 1 pork shoulder roast (about 4 lb)
For the BBQ sauce:
– 4 tbsp. (60 ml) Super Rub – Memphis rub
– 2 cups of ketchup
– 3 tbsp. (45 ml) brown sugar
– 2 tbsp. (30 ml) soy sauce
– 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
-2 tsp. (30 ml) of balsamic vinegar
-2 to 3 cloves of garlic
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring with a whisk.
2. Put the meat in the slow cooker, coat it with the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook at low temperature for about 8 hours.
4. Break up the meat with a fork, mixing the sauce with the meat.
Serve as a burger, on nachos, in your grilled cheese, in your pizza or make a pulled pork poutine.