Bites of small cheese balls
These little cheese ball bites are delicious and really easy to make. A classic appetizer during the holidays!
- 1 1/2 cups softened cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese (strong cheddar or other)
- 2 tbsp. 1 tbsp Super Dips Ranch Mix (or Garden Vegetable or Chive)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- stick pretzel
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and shredded cheese with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add the Super Dips mix and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into small balls.
- On a plate, mix together the cranberries, pecans and parsley.
- Roll the balls in the cranberry mixture.
- Stick a pretzel in each ball and serve.
For the filling, replace the pecans and cranberries with chopped slivered almonds and crumbled bacon or nachos.
It is also possible to vary the presentation by shaping a large ball (rather than several small ones) which is placed in the center of a plate and served with toasted bread croutons or crackers.
Enjoy your lunch! 🙂